7.10.07

Pencil TEST


You'll see me doing things like this every now and then. I like to try out new things, new tools, new mediums from time to time. To see if I can master them and to see if I can refine them to a point where I can use them in my comic work. Here is a piece I did after looking over some Travis Charest stuff again, his grey scale stuff. So this was a take on that technique. Here in order to get a nice flat under coat of color I used my new fave COPIC markers. Not only do they have a great new brush point but can lay flat on the page.


Then using pencils and blenders I did all the shading, then finally filled in some highlights with white pencil...overall I think the style was successful, it didn't take as long to do as I thought. Using blend tools really helped out speeding the process up...I'm thinking of using this style in a project were pitching to DC starring Bats...Whilce...

2 comments:

syrtheone said...

I love this whilce; more would be good. Batman series like this? Yeah!!

Boy Experto said...

you may here this a lot, but you are really one of the best.love how you did batman here!merry xmas po!